Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee govt arts & commerce college Indore.
Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Arts & Commerce College had been integral part of nationally reputed Holkar College Indore. Holkar College was established in year 1891 and Science, Arts, Commerce & law Faculties were conducted combined in it. Holkar College was well respected & popular at state & national level. Due to this, number of students increased every year & necessity of new building could not ignore. Therefore planning for new premises was executed. Foundation stone of new building of college was laid down by pundit Jawahar Lal Nehru, then Prime Minister of India, on 3 November 1958. The new building was inaugurated by Dr. Saravapalli Radhakrishnan on 27 December 1961. Since academic session of year 1961 the college, with faculties of Arts, Commerce & Law, is continuously on dynamic path of progress. Today it is largest college of the state of Madhya Pradesh.
- Post graduate & research level facilities are available in college in 12 Subjects.
- 2 lack books are in library.
- More than hundred research volumes, rare reference volumes, research based magazines, articles and periodicals are available.
- Highest number of student & research scholars in state is studying here.
- Well experience professors are guiding research scholars.
- NAAC (UGC) has awarded ‘A’ grade.
- Sports activities, NCC, NSS, Air wing units are in operation
Extracurricular activities like:
- Yoga, teaching & training, personality development, vocational guidance & youth club activity are conducted.
- Self finance graduate & post graduate courses are conducted by people’s participatory managing committee (Jan bhagidari samiti) since last four years.
- Residential accommodation is available in pundit Madan Mohan Malviya hostel located in college premises full of natural & prosperous environment.
- The college is committed to create self confidence & felling of national dedication in young generation & simultaneous qualitative up gradation of education.