Welcome to Department of English

The Department of English with its glorious past was established in the year 1926-1927 by Professor H.W. Dobson, in affiliation with Calcutta University. After India's independence, it was affiliated to Allahabad University (from 1951-1955). The department kept on flourishing under the guidance of eminent scholars and teachers. Professor D.M. Borgaonkar, Professor Isa das and Professor S.S. Chandel are still remembered for their high stature in literary arena. With the bifurcation of Arts and Science streams, English Department became part of Arts and Commerce College, affiliated to Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore.

This Department runs its undergraduate and postgraduate programs and is a research center. The department has an English Language Lab too. The Faculty members are known for research work, publication of books and for their participation in the seminar and conferences both at National and International Level.



© 2019 Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Govt. Arts & Commerce College, Indore. All Rights Reserved.

: